A guide to golf resorts and tours in Portugal
There are a number of Portugal golf guides you can view that provide various amounts of information. You can learn about golf courses, their designs, amenities, style, and more. While there are things you should consider when reviewing potential golf courses in Portugal, the following points provide more insight on how to refine your search when using such guides:
- Region. Portugal has a number of regions that offer popular golf courses such as Algarve, Madeira, and the Azores.
- City. There are dozens of cities throughout Portugal that provide great experiences for golfers of all levels. Popular areas include Lisbon, Amora, and Ponte Do Lima to name a few. Some cities have more than one while others have a handful. This is something to consider if you want to visit more than one course in the area you plan on traveling to.
- Course. There are different courses each with different holes including 6-hole, 9-hole, 18-hole, and 27-hole course options.
- Play difficulty or technical difficulty. These are simple to differentiate with elements including easy, moderate, and hard. This may vary somewhat as some courses may fall in the middle of two levels such as easy-moderate or moderate-hard. Such elements will help you choose the right course based on skill level.
- Style. Each course has its own feel and style depending on how it is designed. Parkland, mountain, woodland, and inland are a few you can review and compare.
- Amenities. What is a great golf resort or tour without amenities? These are additional elements that make your round of golf more enjoyable. Such elements may include pro-shop, restaurant, driving range, children’s playground, locker rooms, and more.
Popular Golf Courses in Portugal to Visit
There many golf resorts and tours to consider that will suit your interests with discounts available. The following are a few ideas to help you get started in your search:
- Lisbon golf tours. One of the most popular golf options for avid and beginner golfers, this provides great opportunities to golf by the ocean with beautiful views from some of the worlds most visited golf courses. This area offers great entertainment after hours along with charming cafes.
- Vilamoura golf tours. This provides golfers unique opportunity to play on golf courses that have hosted world championship golfers. Plenty of fun nearby including a casino, sports bar, and good food.
- Popular golf courses to consider such as Vale Do Lobo, Quinta Do Lago, and Monte Rei through the Algarve region.